In an email sent out on Saturday, Chief Supt Nixon said he was working with his officers and staff to make Leicester the safest city in the country. Here's the text of his email:
The purpose of this email is to formally introduce myself as the City Area BCU Commander. I am aware that Chris Garnham wrote to you and informed you of the changes in December. Having now been in post since 4th January, I have been overwhelmed by the support and commitment displayed and very much look forward to working with you in taking the City forward during 2010.
In an attempt to simplify the message to the Police Officers and Police Staff working in the City, we have introduced a back to basics approach which I have included below for your information.
During 2010 we will work together as a team to make Leicester the safest city in the country, where people have confidence in their local police. We will do this by:
* First rate response to those who need our help, getting it right first time
* Highly visible and accessible neighbourhood policing, tackling crime and anti-social behaviour with partners, on issues which matters most to the community
* Identifying and protecting the vulnerable, communities and people alike
* Preventing and detecting crime through hunting down and locking up criminals
* Acting with integrity, honesty and professionalism, valuing and supporting one another
I have fantastic memories of working in the City previously and encourage partnership working at all levels. I am sure that over the coming months our paths will cross and I look forward to working with you.
City BCU Commander