Friday, June 07, 2013

HoldtheFrontPage article on my blogpost

Regional newspaper website HoldtheFrontPage picked up on my post about the interim statements of Johnston Press and Trinity Mirror today and my conclusion that, in the end, readers are going to have to pay for local news.

I did, of course, put a couple of caveats on that assertion, the most important of which was that local news companies would have to produce something which people valued highly enough to pay for - and I did point out that this would inevitably lead to smaller businesses.

The article brought a flurry of readers to my blog and some comment on Twitter, some of which can be seen here on Storify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - all comments are moderated, but will only be blocked if they are foul, abusive or libellous. Keith